Mr. Gunnels represents a variety of stakeholders associated with construction projects including facility owners, construction managers, general contractors,
and subcontractors, sureties and materials suppliers. This experience includes representation of clients in the private and public sectors and in federal
government contract cases in a variety of disputes in state and federal court, arbitration, mediation, materialman’s lien enforcement, and cases before
the Boards of Contract Appeals.
Mr. Gunnels also assists clients with contract drafting, review and negotiation and has successfully assisted clients on construction projects ranging
from airports, high-rise hotels, condominium and office buildings, museums, power plants, interstate and bridge construction and parking garages.
Mr. Gunnels is the former Chair of the Atlanta Bar Association Construction Law Section, and is involved in numerous professional organizations including
the Georgia Associated Builders & Contractors (ABC) and American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry. Mr. Gunnels is a veteran of
the United States Marine Corps, and is currently a JAG officer within the Georgia Army National Guard.
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2013-2014
- Super Lawyers 2015-2018
- Martindale Hubbell peer-rated AV Preeminent
- Successfully procured an arbitration award on behalf of a utilities contractor against a project owner.
- Defended an infrastructure general contractor in arbitration against a subcontractor.
- Represented the general contractor in arbitration against the owner of a luxury high rise hotel project.
- Represented the prime contractor on an airport project and its payment bond surety against a million dollar bond claim from a subcontractor.