For almost twenty years, Ms. Grossman's practice has focused on a vast variety of business-related areas of law, including construction, commercial, employment,
securities, and intellectual property. This broad and in-depth experience gives her the ability to identify and tackle a myriad of issues facing companies.
Ms. Grossman was a commercial litigator and employment lawyer for thirteen years in New York City and received her early training at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind,
Wharton & Garrison LLP. During the last six years of her career in New York City, Ms. Grossman was a partner in a law firm, and co-head of litigation
and employment law specialist for the New York office of Shiboleth, LLP, one of the largest law firms in Israel. During that time, Ms. Grossman was
lead counsel in disputes in federal and state courts, as well as governmental agencies. She has been involved in several high-profile cases and stories
related to her cases have been reported in the Wall Street Journal, Vanity Fair and the New York Law Journal.
Ms. Grossman also has extensive experience counseling companies with respect to a broad-range of employment matters, drafting employment contracts, severance
agreements, and employment manuals.
Since moving to Atlanta five years ago, Ms. Grossman has continued to litigate commercial, securities, and construction actions, as well as advise companies
on employment matters.
Professional Involvement: With an Israeli father and a six-year stint at an Israeli law firm, Ms. Grossman is involved in Conexx: America Israel
Business Connector (f/k/a the American-Israel Chamber of Commerce, Southeast Region). She is the Founder and Chair of the Lifestyle Connector, which
is dedicated to creating business opportunities between Southeast and Israeli companies in the home, hospitality, dining, fashion, entertainment, and
sports industries. She is also a Member of Conexx's Professional Connector Steering Committee and Women's Initiative Committee.
As the daughter, granddaughter, and great-granddaughter of Atlantans, Ms. Grossman is proud to return to her Southern roots.
- Represented subcontractor in construction delay action brought by contractor involving $60 million luxury off-campus student residence in Baton Rouge,
- Represented construction company in arbitration against one of the largest U.S. banks for wrongful declaration of default on multi-million dollar construction
- Represented experienced electric subcontractor against newly-formed contractor with respect to claims involving electrical installation in solar field
Commercial and Securities Litigation
- Defeated attempt by broker/dealer, a major financial institution, from liquidating corporate and individual accounts and freezing $180 million in individual
assets, which was affirmed on appeal.
- Represented hedge funds and managing member in multi-state hedge fund fraud action involving $80 million in losses; cases included federal jury trial,
SEC hearings and appeals, as well as related breach of contract actions.
- Secured favorable settlement in action by hedge fund managing member against his directors and officers liability insurance company.
- Represented minority shareholders in derivative action in federal court against Israeli satellite earth imagery company.
- Negotiated multi-million dollar settlement after bringing an action on behalf of 26 prominent diamond dealers victimized by bust-out scheme.
- Defeated appeal, unanimously with costs, after successfully opposing preliminary injunction, allowing client to redeem insurance policies as part of
payback on $3.5 million promissory note.
- Defeated motion to place lien on property in action against preeminent New York real estate company (case mentioned in Vanity Fair).
- Defeated Chinese company's breach of contract action against Israeli logistics company packaging German chocolate truffles for major U.S. retailer
due to lack of jurisdiction.
- Represented Israeli eyewear company in copyright, trademark, and counterfeiting action in federal court against former U.S. sales representatives.
- Represented textile merchandising company against wholesale company in federal court bench trial regarding breach of contract and resulting unjust
enrichment claims arising from selling over 900,000 pairs of jeans to a third-party vendor.
- Represented hedge fund and its owner against CFTC in federal court bench trial.
- Represented Israeli franchisee against major U.S. restaurant franchisor regarding failure to remit royalty payments and counterclaim for failure of
the franchisor to adequately support the franchisee.
- Favorable final court decision involving major financial institution misclassifying employee as an independent contractor (reported on front page of
New York Law Journal).
- Negotiated favorable settlement for largest Jewish nonprofit organization in the world in federal action against former controller who asserted wage-hour
claims and failure to provide agreed-upon severance package.
- Negotiated favorable settlement for U.S./Israeli company and officer against employee, who asserted sexual harassment claims, in an EEOC proceeding.
- Defeated various employment charge asserted in EEOC claim by former employee of U.S./Israeli luxury body and bath fragrance shop retailer with locations