Brad C. ParrottPartner
Mr. Parrott represents ENR top 400 contractors, design professionals, owners, developers and specialty contractors throughout the United States. Mr. Parrott serves as national litigation counsel for a number of large companies managing and leading their litigated matters. Mr. Parrott has handled construction disputes throughout the United States including matters involving the following projects: Perez Arts Museum Miami, Palm Beach International Airport, Virginia Tech football stadium expansion, Lackland Air Force Base Replacement Hospital, (Texas), University of Alabama, Shelby Hall, The Fordham Condominiums, (Illinois), Lake Meade Recreational Area, (Nevada), Wyoming State Penitentiary, Long Island MacArthur Airport, FBI Building, Indianapolis, Plaquemines Parish Detention Center, (Louisiana), Yellow River Wastewater Treatment Facility, (Georgia), Ritz Carlton Residences, (Maryland), FCI Hazelton Prison-Federal Bureau of Prisons, (West Virginia), and Lancaster County Adult Detention Facility, (Nebraska).
Mr. Parrott is frequently called upon by owners, contractors and subcontractors to draft and negotiate development, design and construction agreements. Mr. Parrott serves as lead counsel on the negotiation of debt and equity placements in private and public utility projects for a owner/operator of industrial facilities. Mr. Parrott has experience drafting construction contracts including design-build and EPC agreements across a variety of market sectors including sports arenas, hospitals, power generation, infrastructure, water/wastewater, correctional institutions, education, multi-family, municipal, manufacturing, commercial, retail offices and institutional.
Mr. Parrott also routinely handles claims against federal, state and local governments, having appeared before the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals and numerous local and state government bodies. Mr. Parrott is also called upon to defend construction industry participants against claims of personal injury, property damage and business torts.
Mr. Parrott has been recognized as a Super Lawyer in the area of construction every year since its inception. Mr. Parrott is also rated AV®Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Parrott has extensive professional and civic involvement including the Associated General Contractors Georgia Branch, Georgia-Carolina's PCI, Liaison to the AIA Contract Documents Committee (2010-2014), Atlanta Cumberland Club President (2008-2014), Defense Research Institute (DRI), Atlanta Bar Association Construction Section and the ABA Forum on the Construction Industry.
- Represented a general contractor who was terminated during the expansion of terminal C of the Palm Beach International Airport in Palm Beach County, Florida. Contractor was damaged in excess of $4,000,000.00. I took over the lead in the case after it had been pending for more than a year. After extensive discovery a favorable settlement was reached that included a voiding of the termination for cause.
- Represented a designer and manufacturer of bridge girders for a series of bridges in the Lake Mead Recreation Area outside of Las Vegas, Nevada. Matter involved allegations of deficiencies in the manufacturing process, product design and product life expectancy. Further, we defended client against claims of 150 day critical path project delay. After extensive discovery and depositions, case settled with a waiver of all delay damage claims and payment of the majority of amounts claimed due to our client.
- Defended a subcontractor against claims asserted by a condominium owners association in Chicago, Illinois. HOA claimed defective design and manufacture of our client's products. Damage claim exceeded $2,000,000. After extensive motions practice and discovery, the matter settled for $8,500.00.
- Defended a subcontractor against claims of design defect relating to hollow core precast panels installed in an ocean-side condominium resort at Jacksonville Beach, Florida. After limited discovery the case settled for nuisance value.
- Represented a contractor in an arbitration arising out of a federal project in New Orleans, La. Subcontractor claimed our client breached first giving rise to a right to stop work. An arbitration was held in New Orleans, La. Arbitrator awarded our client 100% of its claim.
- Represented the City of Peachtree City, Georgia as special counsel for construction matters/disputes relating to a new police station.
- Represented a large manufacturer in a case against a start up competing manufacturing firm involving the misappropriation of trade secrets, copyright infringement, and civil RICO violations. After extensive discovery the case settled with payment to our client and disgorgement of misappropriated trade secrets.
- Represented a water authority in a design defect claim related to a new wastewater treatment facility against one of the country's largest engineering firm. Case involved design deficiencies that, if constructed, would have rendered a plant with approximately 80% of the needed capacity. The decreased capacity was caused by numerous design errors and omissions. Further, the client was subject to an EPD cease and desist order relating to stream discharges. Shortly before trial, the case settled on a confidential basis. The settlement significantly exceeded client's "walk away" amount.
- Mercer University, B.A. with Honors
- Justice of the Honor Council
- Cumberland School of Law of Samford University, J.D.
- Member of the Moot Court Board
- Member of the National Moot Court Team
- Winner of the Donworth Freshman Moot Court Competition
- Winner of the Janice L. Shores Moot Court Competition
Bar and Court
- Georgia State Bar
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- United States District Court Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court Southern District of Georgia
- United States District Court Middle District of Georgia
HudsonParrottWalker is a law firm built on national success in trials and arbitrations for the construction, commercial, banking and insurance industries. Using our experience, we are dedicated to serving client needs and achieving client success.